Following the steps from techtraction.com and fuzzyfuture, I have just installed the plugin Dofollow in my blog.
By default, the link included when submitting a comment has the attribute “NoFollow”, in fact Google and other Search Engines do not follow that link. In my opinion should be an option within the WP admin.
Do Follow Plugins:
There are several WordPress plugins available to help disable the default nofollow setting. Originally I installed Link Love. This plugin allows you to set a required comment threshold, which means that ?Do Follow? only occurs after someone has commented a certain number of times. My blog is still very new and I need to provide as much comment incentive as possible. When I stopped to think it through, I decided that a comment threshold didn?t provide the right type of incentive for my situation. I removed that plugin and quickly switched over to DoFollow. All it required was a quick download, placement in my WordPress plugin directory, and a simple activation back on the Dashboard?s plugin section. Very quick and very painless.
Who does ?Do Follow??
Here is the part of the post that starts to help perpetuate the ?Do Follow? meme. What follows is a growing list of blogs that have disabled the default nofollow setting. If your blog is one that has jumped on this bandwagon, then follow the instructions outlined below and help keep this movement rolling forward.
Here are the rules of the D-List:
1. Write a short paragraph at the beginning of your post and link back to the blog that put you on the list in the paragraph. This isn?t a suggestion. You need to break up the duplicate content. Someone took the time to add you so the least you can do is give them an extra link back.
2. Copy the list of originals below COMPLETELY and add it to your blog. If you would like a different keyword for your blog then change it when you do your post and it should pass to most blogs with that keyword.
3. Take the adds from the blog that added you and place them in the ?Originals? list.
4. Add at least 1 new blog that you KNOW us using the DO FOLLOW plugin to the list in the ?My Adds? section. (Add no more than 5!) Let the people you?ve added know, so that they can keep the list going!
5. Leave relevant comments on the blogs listed and get a link back to your site thanks to Do Follow!
On the Horizon
Angel Food Cake Isn’t A Candle
Simple Kind Of Life
The Hockey Dad
Whatever I Feel Like
My Dandelion Patch
Two Dog Zoo
Body, Mind & Solar
Confessions of a Housewife
Randa Clay Design